I’m back! I know, I’ve been gone a while, but you may have noticed something different about the website — just in case you didn’t, I have a new website design. So, that took up a lot of my time, but now the redesign is done, I have a new post for you today.
It’s October! Can you believe it? Not only is October the month for Halloween and Preptober, but it’s also the first month of the last quarter of the year. So it seemed like the ideal time to set some new goals and give a writing update.
Since I started writing, I only ever did yearly and monthly writing goals. But since I started watching Sarra Cannon’s Heart Breathings YouTube channel, I decided to give quarterly goals a go.
First, let’s see how I did with my September goals. Well, I’ve changed some of my goals again, but this will be the final change (that’s what I promised myself):
- I won’t be writing the first book in my Middle-Grade supernatural mystery series. I’ll be doing this next year instead.
- My paranormal cosy mystery novella series is now a novel series again.
So, what did I do? Well, written nearly 28,000 words of my second standalone novel — go me! I have written half of a short story that I need to submit before 1st November 2020. And I have been planning my paranormal cosy mystery series and the first book — the project name for the series is Nancy McCluff.
Hmm, what else did I do? Oh, yes, I created a new paranormal cosy mystery series reading list. The list is made up mostly of indie books, and I am reading the first book on my list — Witchnapped in Westerham.
Okay, that’s what I did during September; here is what I want to do for the last quarter of 2020:
- Finish writing my second standalone novel
- Plan Nancy McCluff series and world
- Plan and write Nancy McCluff Book 1
- Plan and write Nancy McCluff Book 2
- Edit flash fiction collection
- Complete my Goodreads reading challenge
- Read the books on my paranormal cosy mystery series reading list
- Create The Book of Drabbles audiobook
So, those are my goals for quarter four. What are your plans for the last quarter of 2020? Let me know in the comment box below. I’d love to know your writing plans.
Stay safe and keep writing, folks!
You can also join my Facebook groups: Setting Self-Doubt on Fire Squad, which is for writers; and The Nicole J. Simms Squad, which is for readers who enjoy my stories and want a sneak peek into what I’m working on before anyone else.
Also, I’ve also created a Nicole J Simms YouTube channel. On my channel, I will be sharing videos of my performances, trips, writing group adventures and my stories.